Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Performance Art with Mimi Allin

Grades: Elementary and Middle School

Objectives: To learn from performance artist Mimi Allen while engaging in movement studies and community interaction


 

Performance Art with Mimi Allin by A., grade 6


            Doing art with Mimi was so fun! She made me think about things I never thought about before and do things I never done before. It was really cool to see things happening and not know what is going on but then after everybody told you what they were doing to realize how they chose to display that. I can’t wait to see the video and see if what I was doing looked like what I was trying to do. I also can’t wait to see what other people were doing while I was concentrating on my art and nobody else’s. I really enjoyed doing it and hope Mimi will come back and do it again with us.

Art with Mimi by K, grade 6

      We went out with Mimi the artist in residence on a “train ride”. We carried cardboard suit cases and got into costumes, maybe a wig or a dress. It was so much fun when we got to the road, we walked around in different ways, trying to be beautiful of ugly or maybe represent what it means to be blind or having work. Mimi had her camera and she filmed us all doing it in the same film it was exciting and very interesting to do it. I hope I can do it again sometime soon!   



  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment