Search This Blog

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Field Trip "Moments"

Grade: 6

Objective: To focus on "telling our stories" using details





Moments by: A.

Converse: I waited as the escalator took me into Nordstrom Rack and listened as my mom told me not to get my hopes up.
The Zoo: I walked into “The Rainforest” and immediately started to sweat. Boy was this room humid.
Seattle: I start to feel sick as I breathe in exhaust and cigarette smoke. Why does the city always have to smell like this?
The CafĂ©: We rushed out of the parking garage and tried to memorize where we had parked. Then we ran down the street and into my aunt’s favorite coffee shop.
Aquarium: The otter swam around his enclosure on his hairy brown back and clutched a big red dog toy.
Burlap: The 46 year old orangutan sat with his face against the glass while he huddled under a burlap sack.
Woolly Mammoth?: I looked over the fence and was surprised to see how hairy the elephant was. He almost looked like a wooly mammoth.
Space Needle: I peeked over the edge of The Space Needle and argued with my brother about with building was our hotel.
Food Court: Looking around the food court I tried to choose a booth to eat at. I finally chose Pie and ordered a chicken pot pie and a lemon San Pellegrino.  Mmm, good.
Granite: We waited for everyone to come to our 12:00pm meeting place at the Pacific Science Center, and rolled around the 4,000 pound granite ball.

My Favorite Moments on our Seattle Field Trip by K

Jimi’s guitar techniques:
1.       When I turned to see the last existing piece of Jimi Hendrix’s guitar that he lit on fire and smashed. It was the lower right side of the guitar with a place where you could plug in the cord to the amp.
Wahoooo!
2.      The moment I jumped from the stairs of the EMP to land on the concrete ground of the parking lot sidewalk.
This is luxury
3.      When I popped the bottle cap off of my Mexican coke in the comfort of my hotel room.
We’ve arrived!
4.     Lifting my head up from my exhausted posture to realize that we had arrived in Seattle and the sudden exhilaration running up my back.
Giant bamboo
5.      My arm brushing against a giant metal bamboo sculpture while looking down on me is the great space needle.
Wouldn’t it be fun to go base jumping!?
6.       Standing atop the space needle and peer down upon down town Seattle with many thoughts flying through my head.
Our second hotel room
7.      Twisting the door handle to our comfy hotel room at our second hotel the Maxwell.
As I yaaaaawn
8.      Opening my eyes from a short sleep after staying up until 12:00 watching Gladiator on TV.     

No comments:

Post a Comment